View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2019, 09.33:04   #103-0 (permalink)
Junior Shabadoo
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Trust Board Vacancies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Many memberships have lapsed, no gentle reminders, others aren't renewing or won't be rejoing until they see improvement.
We can't and this is the point many keep making afford not to grow all revenue streams.

It may be possible under FIFA rules to give ourselves more protection for the CoE, nothings been mentioned on that and I highly doubt it's been looked into. A board member is on this forum often enough to have seen it mentioned. Again another area where some investment in time at least is needed to generate greater returns, players graduating to the first team.

Signing players on loan, mostly unfit and expecting them to slot in right away with no game time, again some time spent arranging some friendlies would, even against Lex Glyndwr midweek is better than nothing. The youth sides get games through simply asking on twitter.

We simply don't invest in ourselves enough, and it's showing now.

Haven't attendances dropped recently too?
You’ll get no argument from me on the lack of football strategy, especially youth - in the failures column that is easily the biggest.

As far as attendances go you can only really measure it over a season, and there it looks decent; that getting 3600 on a day with mitigating factors stunned people shows the progress made/maintained there.

Lapsed memberships not being chased up does seem to be a common gripe. I would only say that considering the benefits of having it each year for season ticket holders that it is considered a waste of resources to chase people who have “forgotten”; I doubt many will be swayed by being badgered. That’s just my take though, and it can be argued that any other business where you drop off the edge does chase you up.