View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2019, 20.35:03   #1-0 (permalink)
Redted
Legend

Racecourse Spot: G U Stand
Twitter: @

Default Are we marketing our club properly in order to attract better players?

I know we can't compete financially with the likes of Salford, Fylde etc but what frustrates me is that we don't seem to be able to communicate to potential players our great history, fan base or just how special our great club is. The majority of clubs in our league, just don't compete with us on that historic or prestigious level. Do the players who we approach actually understand literally how famous and how legendary they would be if they were part of the team that gained promotion for Wrexham? That should be shouted from the rooftops. By promoting the club more effectively along with a half decent budget, should help us attract a better class of player. Also players that were signed on that basis, would have signed up to the whole culture of the club at the point of signing, in a similar manner to our current captain who appears to know exactly what promotion would mean for this club but also for his esteem as a player. He appears to be the exception to the rule. We are a fantastic club at this level, but I don't think that we shout it loud enough sometimes. I don't mean through hash tags, cheesy punchlines etc, but more about professionally scouting and communicating the status of the club to the better players that maybe available. For some players, surely it's not all about the money. Professional pride should also come into playing for this club and wearing the red shirt with that famous badge.

Last edited by Redted; 22nd April 2019 at 20.40:42..