Thread: Strikers
View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2019, 17.40:01   #4-0 (permalink)
davewilli
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Strikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWFC View Post
These statistics are absolutely damning, and need to be looked at seriously.
I believe looking at some of these figures prove that something is drastically wrong with our whole playing philosophy & style. Our core fundamental footballing structure, in my opinion, is completely wrong and too negative.
Worrying...
Those statistics need addressing but it is an exaggeration to say 'our core fundamental footballing structure is wrong. Many teams concentrate on supplying their main striker, but it doesn't always prove a consistent winning formula. Goals, providers and goal scorers has to be a priority in the summer, but it should be to supplement the solid foundations we already have as most title winning sides are built on strong defence and great consistency. Keates and Ricketts knew it, but where they struggled was to add that bit of flair and potential game turners when we needed goals. Anyone who has played as a striker will know that apart from good service strikers grow in confidence and thrive if the team aren't conceding goals easily.

For some reason, maybe quality we just haven't gone that bit extra, but in my opinion we are getting closer and not that far from where we need to be. Not much BH can do in this next 3 weeks, other than get his team as best prepared as he can and if he can do that I would fancy us as much as any of the other 5 teams in the hat.