View Single Post
Old 30th April 2019, 15.17:36   #57-0 (permalink)
Phils-an-alki
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Junior footballers to miss out on playing at the Racecourse due to play-offs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
I'm not sure how that's the club's fault. We've told the league that it's possible not available. The youth league at that point has two options:

1) hope it will be ok and do nothing
2) move it to an alternative venue.

It's basic continuity planning which the youth league appear (based on what I've read here) to have done very little.
As I said earlier, in 40 years it hasn't been an issue which suggests there are ways and means, I know the dates change by weeks for example to accommodate availability.

With regards to your points 1 & 2, they did both obviously apart from 'do nothing' as its now being played at Druids. So like I said I'm not sure what more they could have done. The club on the other hand, I believe could have done more and should have. Friendlies can be delayed for example or not be played at the racecourse until a week later. Pitch work could therefore have been put back to accommodate. If we had proper training facilities then that would also helped.

The Youth League will have been desperate for the finals to be played at the racecourse because that's the pull of the competition and which makes it the stand out cup competition. Take that away and it just wouldn't be the same so I understand them waiting and hoping it worked out.