Thread: Shite
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2019, 22.27:06   #77-0 (permalink)
wrexhamrob
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Shite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willywill View Post
In tonight’s one off game, we were devoid of ideas and had penetration. For the home team, we had to take the game to Eastleigh, and we didn’t/couldn’t.
Oh yes, we scored a perfectly good goal that was disallowed, but it all balances up in a season.
Eastleigh didn’t do much more than us on attack, but looked much comfortable on the ball. The referee let Eastleigh get away with lots of professionalism. Failing over, pretending to be hurt and just wasting time. They seemed to want penalties, but nicked the game in the later stages. Was it a fair result? Hard to say from a hardened WAFC fan. The onus was on us to attack and we found it tough.
I am not a lover of yozzer due to his lack of managing experience at this level, but he now must issue his retained list and not be afraid to ship out the dead wood. We all have our favourites, but if Grant, Wright, Roberts and Rutherford are all here next August, I will be off !
We were perhaps deluded that we could sneak up through the lottery of the playoffs. Best of luck to Eastleigh, but I feel that Salford will destroy them.
A disappointing end to very mixed season , in the play offs one win over orient from being champions, with a side with no key scorers- weird indeed. If we’d been asked at start season
would we like to be in play off - yes of course
Would we be happy - if after 3 managers - we still got to the play offs - yes of course.
We are all hurting now . And I’m sure BH with his team will be carefully reviewing everyone for the retained list, we’ll all have our favourites and there may be surprises. Here’s hoping Oswell and maybe Fondop turn out to be the Trundle and Morrell of next season.
Those saying ‘go out and get a striker ‘ may think it’s easy - we struck lucky with Bennet, Trundle, Morrel - let’s hope we strike lucky next season.
Sleep well everyone , and try not to pick on each other and those who put so much effort into our club, let’s try and be constructive for next season. Night night