View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2019, 16.34:32   #39-0 (permalink)
Teifi Red
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: Massive change needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Like I said, there's no point. My other post says what I think. You'll never change your view and that's despite continuous failure on the pitch since the WST got control. If that doesn't open your mind nothing will. I'd then ask why you are so forgiving and accepting of failure.

Your argument falls down because you can't tell me why nearly every successful club is privately owned.
The successful ones either have a brand name behind them known world wide - Liverpool, Man Utd. etc or have a business model as part of the Club - FGR or Fleetwood for example. Barcelona is a fan owned model but again the brand name makes it work.
Several owners have made loans to clubs. They then call in the loans or try and sell the debt/club on. Cardiff being an example.
Read my posts - I’m open to investors and would welcome them. But, you can’t give me one argument as to why Wrexham is a good investment.
The reality is, people hope a knight in shining armour to give millions to the club out of nothing more than a love of the club and don’t want anything in return.