Thread: Retained list
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2019, 22.33:22   #110-0 (permalink)
Quay Red
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Retained list

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
I understand the not changing to many players because we finished 4th, but that's where we went wrong when we lost at Wembley to Newport, we ended up with broken players who couldn't do it again.

For me yes we finished 4th but central defence and goalkeeper apart the rest are dispensable

Keep Young who is under contract, let Summerfield, Wright and all the forwards go including Oswell a National North quality player

Fullbacks keep Jennings if the budget wont stretch to replace him keep Carrington and the good young lads like Sargent Tharme and Thorne.

To sum up release.

Wright
Roberts,
Deverdics
Fondop
Rutherford
Oswell
Holroyd
Beavon
Summerfield
Grant
Smith (not Manny if he recovers)
All the loans and maybe offer Augustien a 12 month deal

Probably missed some out.
And set up with the formation Saunders used with 3 forwards with pace who can score add some muscle and height to the midfield and forward line a younger Danny Wright type.
Posted via mobile theme
Pretty close to what I'd like to see.
Oswell when fully fit might be able to fill the Danny Wright role. He is mobile and decent in the air, not easily knocked off the ball and can be aggressive.
Remember - It took Saunders 3 years and a load of money to put that side together. If Hughes follows that theme I'd be very happy.