View Single Post
Old 5th May 2019, 21.32:04   #8-0 (permalink)
Alan Attack
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End
Twitter: @

Default Re: Fundamental for next season

I’d like to think there’ll be some kind of internal review. It’s not all been negative. Our defence has been pretty good this year and that’s without Manny Smith.

But matters for review should be the lack of goals. Also, the signing of Mike Fondop. Was that purely on Rickett’s say so? If so, fair enough. You have to back your manager.

It’s not as if we’ve not had proven strikers at the club. Beavon, Holroyd and Oswell have all scored goals at various levels.

One point for review is the volume of loan signings; some of which we never actually saw. However, I don’t know if we paid 100% of their wages or what. Certainly the loan signings bolstered the squad where youth team players previously would.

Some were great (Walker, Tollitt, Lawlor (before we signed him). The likes of Pyke and Maguire-Drew flattered but I liked them a lot. Others were just a waste of space. Maybe if we had another loan player to plug the hole left from Summerfield and Walker getting injured, our run-in might have been better.