View Single Post
Old 5th May 2019, 22.33:46   #10-0 (permalink)
EnglishRed
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Fundamental for next season

The game against Eastleigh was fairly typical, first half our midfield and attack was so disconnected, and we just had Beavon running around chasing lost causes and trying to beat Reda Johnson in the air. When Summerfield went off and Rutherford came on he was carrying the ball forward more and we looked a lot more effective. We still struggled because Roberts wasn't getting forward. If we had alproper attacking fullbacks (Jennings can do that role but we need someone on the right doing the same) someone in midfield who can carry the ball and look to play it to the feet of the strikers, and a proper attacking unit who play with each other then I think we'd be a lot more effective.

Orient managed to be stingy in defence and score goals and I don't think they were much better than us tbh. Quite fine margins. I do agree we need to change the way we play a bit, but I don't think we need revolution, just evolution.

I'm still not convinced Darlington is the culprit and needs to go either. Keates went to Walsall and did the same thing there and Darlington wasn't with him. Also when Darlington wa sin charge once Wilkin got the hook he didn't play that way. He just seems a convenient scapegoat because noone really knows what his role is.