Thread: The board
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2019, 11.57:42   #9-0 (permalink)
Inside Left
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: The board

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
But can WST members actually change anything? A Board Resolution needs only a simple majority to get approval whereas a Members' Resolution requires a two-thirds majority. This makes it very difficult for the latter to get passed. Even if it does there is no guarantee the WST board will take it forward as official policy......witness last year's DSA Second Platform plans. As for making changes at the top level i.e. the WAFC board .....well just forget it !
I am not sure what the starter of this thread wants to change but if he is at the WST AGM and he makes his thoughts known I might just find out.

As for any changes - You are probably correct as the membership like many organisations normally follow the lead shown by The Board.

If I did have a proposal for change I would certainly not 'forget it' Its just not in the DNA A bit like yourself i would guess.

Changes can be undertaken and it would take some hard graft - starting by obtaining a list of members / shareholders . Its been done before.