View Single Post
Old 7th May 2019, 09.37:09   #32-0 (permalink)
Alan Attack
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End
Twitter: @

Default Re: Other Clubs Retained Lists - 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
AA, whilst size is important I think that the problem we have is if were going to play 433 then we need to build a forward line with players who understand what this means. For me it means all 3 being interchangeable like we had with Wright, Pogba, Speight. No-one took a fixed position and quite often Wright would be wide left, Pogba right and Speight down the middle and variations of this.

Obviously a fit Beavon or younger version would fit quite well with 2 others but they all need a bit of pace about them. Not convinced Oswell has any pace but maybe that's because of his groin strain

Having 3 up front means a narrow midfield 3 and its therefore important the 2 FBs can push forward and overlap but for me they both lack pace.

433 starts to bring in more complicated thoughts on the formation which is why I think 442 is simpler and more effective in this league. Otherwise we have to start playing like Liverpool.
The formation is the formation! It’s up to the manager to make it work and us as fans have very little influence. As supporters, were clouded by what formations have worked for us in the past; namely 3-5-2 and 4-3-3. Hughes must have an idea of how he wants to set up and then recruit accordingly.