View Single Post
Old 7th May 2019, 11.36:57   #124-0 (permalink)
techender
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand centre
Twitter: @

Default Re: Will you renew your season ticket or wst membership?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
[/COLOR]

Fully understand the frustration and anger in some respects but "Careful what you wish for"
All ownership models have their limitations. It's down to money.
We have a pretty good budget, Success is down to how it's spent, so we have to rely on the manager to do his job in the Summer.
Personally think we're a long way off with the squad we've got and unless we can improve on our full backs, midfield and forwards we will be looking at another difficult year ahead. Minimum of 6 players required.
Alternative is to keep the basis of this squad and start, urgently to bring the youngsters into the side whilst looking at the National league North etc for up and coming talent in specific positions.
I do wonder if fans would accept the alternative as a policy to build a side rather than try to buy one.
We had a "pretty good budget" last year...….. and the marque signing made with such a fanfare on twitter.....was Fondop.
We then made numerous loan signings as the season went by, some of which we hardly saw ever wear the shirt.

Its a fine idea to build a side from youth, but that's a risky strategy for us with a reserve team that doesn't even play competitive games. I hate to say this about my team, but I don't recognise any real strategy or policy in the way in which we are going about things, and that's at player and managerial level