View Single Post
Old 8th May 2019, 13.25:06   #48-0 (permalink)
welshian
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Wrexham AFC boss Bryan Hughes admits having a prolific striker could have been helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
I agree with this. He will never be some people's cup.of tea as he hasn't got a proven track record and some of his media dealings betray a level of naivety, in particular this 'captain obvious'comment.

However if you actually look at his win record and take into account he was appointed off the back of 5 straight losses under Barrow and Newell, he had to contend with key injuries to Walker, Summerfield and lawlor and that he inherited a squad that wasnt his which he tried to get playing in a different way that proved beyond them, I feel hes earned our respect and trust to see how he delivers this season.

As for the playoffs essentially we were robbed v eastleigh. I agree we would likely have lost v Salford or Fylde but cant see any different outcome under Ricketts. I dont think the quality was there and Ricketts faced with the same injuries may not have done any better. Maybe he wouldn't have had the Barrow losing run but that's not Hughes'fault.
Without the barrow losing run we would be in league 2 now.