View Single Post
Old 9th May 2019, 16.15:32   #56-0 (permalink)
morrell34
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: The Manny Smith contract secret - What else are they hiding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Well according to Rory Sheehan (whoever he is) your having a go at the wrong people - he doesnt actually say who the right people are so seems very misinformed.

The meeting shows yet another poor judgement call and IMO another instance of Barrow being coerced to hide the truth. The whole January fiasco is the fault of the football board and has damaged reputations.
Lost all credibility in my eyes and will affect my attendance.
That would be me. Long-term fan, season-ticket holder, WST member, long-term but lapsed poster on RP etc. I'd argue I'm fairly well informed. Fezbob and Rob can vouch for me.

If people read the piece they'll see I'm not saying the board are perfect, and certainly made clear they are not above criticism - just that some of the flak one of two board members have taken on social media has seemed to stray over the line a bit this season. That's just my opinion. Some may argue it comes with the territory. That's their opinion.

Don't think anyone should really be a target for heavy mass criticism.
We have no divine right to get promoted but we should expect to be challenging and we were from early on, and the board would have been planning to start and finish the season with Sam Ricketts in charge.
But they had to react as soon as he even entertained the idea of going to Shrewsbury and destabilised things. I don't agree with the decisions they made thereafter, but whatever they chose to do from that point would not have guaranteed us promotion.