View Single Post
Old 9th May 2019, 16.30:10   #57-0 (permalink)
Phils-an-alki
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: The Manny Smith contract secret - What else are they hiding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrell34 View Post
That would be me. Long-term fan, season-ticket holder, WST member, long-term but lapsed poster on RP etc. I'd argue I'm fairly well informed. Fezbob and Rob can vouch for me.

If people read the piece they'll see I'm not saying the board are perfect, and certainly made clear they are not above criticism - just that some of the flak one of two board members have taken on social media has seemed to stray over the line a bit this season. That's just my opinion. Some may argue it comes with the territory. That's their opinion.

Don't think anyone should really be a target for heavy mass criticism.
We have no divine right to get promoted but we should expect to be challenging and we were from early on, and the board would have been planning to start and finish the season with Sam Ricketts in charge.
But they had to react as soon as he even entertained the idea of going to Shrewsbury and destabilised things. I don't agree with the decisions they made thereafter, but whatever they chose to do from that point would not have guaranteed us promotion.
So basically what you are saying is no one is accountable at the club and its just all bad luck. Please.

Who has ever stated we have a divine right to be promoted?

The lack of criticism you and your colleague's are too scared to aim in the direction of the club is damning.
If you didn't agree with the decisions they made after why haven't you said so to provide some sort of balanced view. Its a totally biased and unbalanced piece and zooming in on a few crackpots who abuse people on social media is side stepping the real issues.

I urge you to write an article that looks at this season and asks some tough questions of the board with regards to their decision making.
Even during our dark days this paper was shameful in its actions.