View Single Post
Old 9th May 2019, 19.46:59   #73-0 (permalink)
blackbrookred
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: The Manny Smith contract secret - What else are they hiding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrell34 View Post
It was a simple comment piece about some of what was said on social media. I never suggested it was all or even most fans, but in the current climate felt it was a point worth making. People are free to disagree

I don’t know - I’m not on the board. I’m assuming at the time they felt under pressure because the season could easily have been de-railed by it all, they thihhht they were going to get Lawrence, only they know - but it wasn’t handled well and I said so.

I’ve not blamed fans anywhere. I wasn’t supportive of appointing Hughes.

My colleagues in sport cover the club so it’s not something I have a great deal to do with. I’ve only ever had cause to speak to directors on a handful of occasions. Once was John Mills in 2017 about the rumours that takeover and investment bids had been rejected, and he was very honest and open about what bids had been received and why nothing had done to fruition. I’m sure tha piece is still online somewhere.

As I’ve said, if people so animated about the mistakes or incompetence or ‘circus’ this season feel they or someone they know would do better, why notput yourselves forward.
I am sure there are people who would like to put themselves forward but can't. I would love to but work fulltime, have 2 kids to ferry around, coach 2 football teams, 2 other voluntary roles linked to my job,and football scouting, I simply couldn't do it, I don't have time. That doesn't mean I cant criticise or give an opinion. It's just a really poor comeback.