View Single Post
Old 19th May 2019, 09.23:50   #76-0 (permalink)
Birdy
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Colliers Park/Gresford/ FAW training ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
I have to agree that there are very few positive items of real news about what's happening (or not - depending on your point of view) and as a result, RP and the FB page, together with the odd regurgitation from the DP and the Bleeder are my only sources of information in this far-flung place.

If I believed all of the nonsense in social media about the club and the Board, opinions on players that might or might not receive contracts from us and so on, I might choose to forget all about Wrexham AFC.

It's 100% true that you can't please all of the people all of the time. It's true that one man's meat is another man's poison. It was always this way. Because everyone and his (or her) dog is now "entitled" to express opinions that can be read so widely, the opinions of the most vocal or those who post them most emphatically (whether they reflect reality or not) sway the opinions of many others.

I didn't intend highlighting Dixie's post when starting this, but using those now well-worn phrases "circus act," "basket case," and "disaster" about a club that has performed better than all of the 19 below us this season, and having thrashed one of the promoted clubs 5-1 is so far off the mark it simply isn't a realistic reflection on our season. Most fans of every club in the land begin each season hoping their clubs will "do well." Whether that translates as being promoted, being in the playoffs, finishing higher than last season, winning a minor trophy, or avoiding relegation is up to the individual fan, but in the same way that the black death spread quickly through the land, the kind of unrealistic nonsense spouted on here by the same people day after day eventually wears down the most positive-minded fans to a point where they begin to look for the anti-depression pills before opening RP.

If any of our players read RP they too must wonder why on earth they signed up to be abused so regularly. The same can be said of those who volunteer to secure football at WAFC for us all and our next generations of fans too.

Well, I'm out of here. You've won. Congratulations. I hope you're pleased with yourselves. I won't waste any more breath on your depressing and unrealistic crap. Go stew in your own cesspits.
See ya then.Some people take everything written on a messageboard so seriously. Surely by now you should have figured out to take things with a pinch of salt that are written on an Internet messageboard.

Finally the club is stagnating so if you are expecting messages full of praise you are sadly mistaken.