View Single Post
Old 6th June 2019, 07.27:01   #314-0 (permalink)
louisleftboot
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Other Clubs Retained Lists - 2019

When did we last buy a player for 50k? Does bidding 50k seem like something we are ever going to do under this regime at the moment? I would recommend not getting your hopes up, nor not being surprised when we make no kind of move for him.

Seems like exactly the kind of player who bypasses this league and goes straight to L2. We should have signed him before he got to Kiddie.

Kidderminster seem like a club who have recruitment right (or make the right noises at least)
http://www.harriers.co.uk/news/2018/...must-be-right/
Quote:
Williams signed for Harriers in the summer, the terms within his contract ensuring that the player is committed to Aggborough for at least the next 18 months. That may not stop the interest in him or in any of Aggborough’s other top performers, but nor should it, says the Chairman.

He added: “I just want supporters to have a little bit of faith that we’re good at what we do. We won’t be losing Ed Williams in the January or the summer unless everything about a deal for him is right – it’s that simple
Quote:
Never in my time here have we been forced to cash in on a player or to sell them for less than we think they’re worth, and the only instances have moved on in that regard are when we have no control over it
So a star player attracting interest from above us, and a chairman who won't sell as he knows the players value...aye, be prepared for him to sign on the dotted line for Wrexham AFC..

Last edited by louisleftboot; 6th June 2019 at 07.34:39..