View Single Post
Old 6th June 2019, 09.43:50   #43-0 (permalink)
Bagger Vance
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Pathetic View Post
I'm no legal expert and cannot understand why the lack of NDA reciprocity presents a deterrent to possible investment. Surely any potential investor has the opportunity to include their own NDA clause in the presentation of their funding/ investment proposals which can be waived at the time the proposal goes to the membership in accordance with the Gate Approval Process. Therefore why the need or desire for reciprocity on the part of the WST?
Because its fair and reasonable.

My personal opinion on NDA's is damage figures don't need to be included from the outset, damage is relevant to the breach so should be on consideration of the impacts of the breach. If a party is serious then they would have no issues disclosing proof of funds and background to funds but would want NDA protection so that every Tom, Dick and Harry doesn't get to find out. One sided NDA's just aren't acceptable in any serious discussions. It shows a lack of regard and respect to anyone who may have serious intent.

I would even go as far as to say anyone who signed a one sided NDA is absolutely the wrong party to talk to so its actually a counter productive exercise.

Serious parties will want reciprocity, so if you want serious parties to engage and not chancers and idiots then make it mutual.