View Single Post
Old 6th June 2019, 11.12:26   #67-0 (permalink)
Bagger Vance
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: Bryn Law puts forward 'Gate Approval Process' changes and NDA changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
If such an investor is willing to put in the extra £200 - £400k a year then he should approach the board and offer the money for a place at the top table.
on that basis, £5k deposit for the club to verify that the funding is there or cash up front should be enough to get the members approval.
The £50 k wouldn't even be an issue then.
It absolutely would be an issue.

Its a sign of bad faith.

In any acquisition negotiation the best place to start is mutual respect and understanding.

The best thing here is honesty, don't put up barriers, just come out and state this club is not for sale and we don't want investors. I would have much more respect for this position - its an honest one.

At the minute my guess is the board hold this very position, they don't want to sell, and they don't think they need or want an investor and I respect that position, what I don't respect is then pandering and putting a scheme in place that is obviously designed to fail and its intent is purely to pacify.

Be brave - just say its not something that will be considered.

If it is something they genuinely want to consider then do it properly, fairly and respectfully.