View Single Post
Old 7th June 2019, 08.36:07   #338-0 (permalink)
pagl
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend
Twitter: @

Default Re: Other Clubs Retained Lists - 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
No. Not targeted at you. Your getting too sensitive.
Was a generalisation.
Would love to see better players who have skill and vision but they're as rare as hen's teeth.
Some of the players suggested would have to relocate. take a wage cut and drop out of the league. Unless the target is mid 30's and looking for a player assistants job and a place to do his badges, then it's not very realistic.
We have a fairly healthy budget but it has to support 18 - 20 players, year on year.
Reinvigorating the youth system and using them in the squad gives ius a better chance of good players. Picking up rough diamonds from NLN and polishing them is another way.
I didnt take it as a dig so not being sensitive
I am comfortable with my opinion on local recruitment and think we should look at a mininum of 1 per season as a strategy. I would expect us to pay more than NLN so no pay cut required.

Progression through COE is obviously where we also want to be but thats tough now we dont have league funding. For me the board really do need to encourage an investor in this area. Reward will be from future sales. Yes a gamble.

Given the current assistant situation it would seem to make financial sense to encourage someone who could still perform and do their badges.

Last edited by pagl; 7th June 2019 at 08.37:58..