View Single Post
Old 12th June 2019, 18.17:40   #74-0 (permalink)
Hightown Brymbo Red
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Football club ownership model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
It is more likely that there are four categories of fans
1) Die hard believers in100% supporter ownership, happy with the board and the Trust. Not prepared to even consider compromising their principles. They have supporters direct bedspreads.
2) happy to be supporter owned, not entirely happy with the board and how things are run. Are happy to consider other proposals and a move to duality to raise funds. Would like to see changes in the boardroom and possibly have a say in electing these people.
3) anti supporters ownership or just anti the trust as it stands now. Does not believe the club has progressed and cannot see a return to the football league happening under WST rule. These are the people name checking Spencer Harris when things go wrong. If they are members it is only to get a discount on tickets
4) don't care about any of this, they just turn up at 3 on a Saturday.

Group 1 is by far the smallest group. The current WST board are all in group 1. The club membership is poor (relative to crowds) as the WST board think everyone should be in group 1 and they do not reach out and engage the other three groups. I consider myself to be in group 2 and I don't see anyone on the entire Trust board representing us. If this club us to grow then all groups need to be engaged.
Group 1 is probably less than 5%
Group 2 is about 25%
Group 3 40%
Group 4 30%

Where i work their is about 10 reds fans only 1 is a current WST member and he is very negative since January. The other 9 have mainly been members in the past .Conversation tends to be negative about lack of investment in the team and lack of progress in football terms.