View Single Post
Old 14th June 2019, 11.20:10   #62-0 (permalink)
Haruki
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Trust board snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
Not many.

It would be interesting if the proposal to allow campaigning on social media was passed, as this has the potential to massively change the make-up of the WST board and by extension the club board.

It won't be passed though, as the WST board oppose it. Being cynical it doesn't take a genius to work out why.
I actually voted against that one as i agree with the Trust board that we don't want a popularity contest, we want the best candidates.
The problem with the resolution process is you get black or white, you support the proposal in its entirety or stick to the status quo. There were 2 resolutions this time that brought that issue to me. With the campaigning one, I agree that there needs to be more information on candidates, what they stand for and what they want to achieve on the Trust board but i would want that in an official capacity giving equal air time to all not on a popularity social media campaigning so I had to oppose the resolution where as i don't actually oppose the thought process behind it.
Also with Bryn Law's amendment to the Gateway. I think £50k is too high and £2k is too low but they were the only two options to vote for