View Single Post
Old 18th June 2019, 11.36:24   #1533-0 (permalink)
Phils-an-alki
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2019 II

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Is anyone surprised we are being outbid though? We arenr big payers for reasons that may be frustrating but are pretty obvious.

Where I do feel BH may have gone wrong is retaining too many of last season's squad as if you're doing that any additions really do have to be 1st team ready and the 2 we have signed so far are promising but not proven

2 strong signings and we are back in business but 2 more McIntosh level and people will understandably be concerned
No not surprised one bit. We never push the boat to get some big players here. Even blessed with money like the case was in January it was wasted on dross that barely kicked a ball for us.

I agree re his retained list but that's what you get with a rookie. We shouldn't expect anything different. Retaining the likes of Rutherford (5 goals in 110 appearances) and having Grant on a contract which he can retain himself is just mental.

All this stems back to January and the complete mess the board made of everything so I don't really put much blame on BH at this point.

Last edited by Phils-an-alki; 18th June 2019 at 11.37:28..