Thread: Noah Daley
View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2019, 08.23:53   #23-0 (permalink)
Quay Red
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Noah Daley

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Its all about a strategy and framework for the manager.
I agree though and we should be looking at 1 player each season thats up and coming potential. It also gives out a positive message that we look to bring through a player and he has a chance to progress. The manager decides who obviously but the board set the expectation and the target to him.
I would also look to get 1 better player from another NL team as an expectation as well. Likewise a COE if possible, hopefully 1 of Tharme, Sargent or Thorn kick on this year and we save ourselves having to loan shte.

Selling players should be part of our strategy, its going to happen, we need the money. What we should have is the conveyor belt so if we do unearth players that impress and move on then another comes along.
In reality its not easy or going to be successful all the time but at least its a structure and should in theory get better as you look for better players.
If a manager has a good eye for players then it should work better anyway.

Lets face it could it be worse than Stockton, unfit and overweight and hardly used. Spyrou, Hinds and the like.
Agree. I would add that seeing players get sold on and up the pyramid makes the club potentially more attractive for ambitious and talented local players who might want to join us.
Getting back into the EFL would also enhance the chances for future prospects.