View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2019, 10.12:36   #25-0 (permalink)
Phils-an-alki
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: What Style does it take to get Promoted ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
I think the whole issue we have with style comes down to the same problem (that I think someone has mentioned before in this thread) we do not have a midfield general.

Is this hoofball style the fault of the coaches/managers or are the midfield not coming to demand the ball. Darren Ferguson was a perfect example of this, everything revolved around him, he demanded the ball and dictated the play. He would not allow any hoofball and we worked around him. I dont think we have someone who wants to dictate the play and get on the ball every chance they can. We haven't for a while.
I agree we're missing that type of player but surely the manager(s) dictate the style of play? If the midfield aren't doing as instructed I'd expect wholesale changes this summer.Maybe its the reason we by pass the midfield as they don't have faith in the midfielders to play that way.

This season is where we'll see a Bryan Hughes team, he said last season when he came in he couldn't change too much so we'll soon see.

If after a few games its more of the same I think I'll shed a tear and get a good book to take to games with me.