View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2019, 18.45:02   #33-0 (permalink)
Todd Sweeney
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: New Kop stand and conference venue in Wrexham master plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Cheers QR.
Right so the Uni retain the ground and the WAG are going to invest (although no funding has been agreed), there will be private investment (again not agreed), the club will invest (we have no money) and no mention of WCBC (what a shock).

Doubter. Well I am totally unconvinced that all we have anything to be excited about. It all seems rhetoric and ‘artists impressions’ all over again.
Next we will see some 21st century drawing of a monorail taking fans into the new stand from their cars.

Funding, funding, funding. Get a budget agreed and there is a chance in a mi££ion that something will happen.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.....
I disagree on this one.

When we built the MRS we didn’t own the ground and we didn’t put that much money into it. Most of it was funded from grants. What we did have was security of tenure of all the land that the stand would occupy, enabling us to apply for and secure external funding.

Now we have that for the Kop land too, and have all the key stakeholders involved and keen to progress things, including the government, I can only feel optimistic.