View Single Post
Old 12th July 2019, 08.47:15   #2588-0 (permalink)
davewilli
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Transfer rumours, speculation & associated discussion - summer 2019 II

Quote:
Originally Posted by WREX01 View Post
From his interview, Barton was signed as a holding midfielder and BH has sold that to him. I think he will be used at CB for emergencies only.
I’m sure we’ll sign a RB and CB. And a forward once Fondop leaves.
Posted via mobile theme
I think you are right, we will play 433 with Barton holding midfield with the option to change when required to 343 or 442. BH did say the 343 may be useful getting at teams at home, then Barton is ideal as the 3rd CB with his ability on the ball. Therefore another CB in the squad could be useful, (but not desperate) particularly like for like with Pearson, whilst Manny is out, as we are ok for footballing cbs, with Lawlor, Tharme & Barton.

Grant also hinted that 433 works despite himself having a good game on Tuesday playing as a right sided number 10 behind the striker.

I'm starting to think BH is waiting for a loanee to fill the right back slot. It's all gone quiet about Jazzi B-Bobb so there were possible questions over his ability defensively as rb in a back 4 or his delivery, he certainly seemed capable of getting up and down the flank, perhaps better suited to wing back.