View Single Post
Old 12th July 2019, 18.56:17   #185-0 (permalink)
Alan Attack
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End
Twitter: @

Default Re: Portimonense Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Totally agree.
Flexibility within a game and as QR says a plan B. But changing formations game to game a recipe for disaster. Especially at this level.

I expect 433 yet again given CDs influence as its no surprise DK, SR and now BH have used it. Plan B seems 343 or possibly 352.
With the 6 forwards inc Mc and Harris we seem better equipped for 433 as long as its not Ruthers, Oswell and Grant

Prob see a bit of experimenting in early friendlies and our set up sorted by Crewe game.
Has he said he’s changing the formation game to game or are you getting your knickers in a twist on yet another subject matter on RP?

Didn’t Gary Mills play 433? What about Saunders and Morrell? Wilkin tried a 4-2-3-1 which is a strain of 4-3-3. All pre Carl Darlington.

I suspect Hughes wants flexibility in his system. If Barton is going to be sitting deep it could enable both full backs to push on which would see the wide attackers in field.

We’ve been crying out for a bit of expansion in our attacking play and when the manager even suggests it, the usual suspects pan him.

Let’s give the bloke a chance. When it doesn’t work we can go back to the tried and tested 4-3-3 and eek out the 1-0s.