Thread: Scott butler
View Single Post
Old 15th July 2019, 19.03:09   #19-0 (permalink)
Oldfan
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Scott butler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
You've been lied too, no shock there. Join the Welsh System and we get more protections on paper, also via the conventional way it's done other clubs no harm and could see them making tidy sums a la Danny Ward.

Nobody on the football board is ars*d, easier making excuses. We do the same to WPL clubs, but they don't moan about it, the irony eh? All because we're able to due FIFA rules and other clubs in England can't take them or they leave with there clubs blessing. Basically WPL clubs do all our scouting for us, we then arrange games via twitter with these sides, should a lad impress he usual makes the move.

The best bit is the likes of Everton and Liverpool look to pay us fees regardless, but we can't even be bothered to reply back, so miss out.

Once 17 my understanding is lads can sign pro contracts too, plenty of ways around things, but like said easier blaming someone else.

All very amateur and pathetic, rather play in the college leagues or no league than join the structured Welsh system. All because of what a small minority will say...
You really do have a lot of detail there. Are these all facts, or hearsay? For example, you mention Everton and Liverpool offering fees and they're not been followed up? From what I've seen, the club board chase every penny. As for signing as a pro at 17, why should that be automatic? If they're good enough then sign them, but my understanding is that the League clubs tap up the parents anyway. In fact, I believe Everton scouts were banned from Colliers because of that type of approach. I guess there are may interpretations of facts its just who you get them from.

Last edited by Oldfan; 15th July 2019 at 19.05:07..