Thread: Scott butler
View Single Post
Old 15th July 2019, 21.44:04   #31-0 (permalink)
Junior Shabadoo
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Scott butler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
What advantage does joining the likes of Afan Lido and Cambrian and Clydach have for us? Is it that we’d get better transfer fees and/or funding? I don’t know the ins and outs to be honest. Is there nothing we’d lose out on and are there no costs involved to us?

It doesn’t seem to me on the surface that it would be worth much time or investment for something hopefully temporary, and in my view any move in general away from the English professional leagues to the Welsh semi-professional set up is not one I’m instinctively drawn to.

Can you explain the details?

As for the 12 years thing - I thought the rules on EFL clubs being able to take youth players from non-league clubs for free were only changed fairly recently - no?
The point is there is no investment now, but a switch would bring some into the club. If, as detailed above, you can switch back then we’re essentially sitting around waiting because of being too snooty to mix with the likes of Afan Lido because we can do better - despite continually failing to do so. And while we do so the system rots further. Seeing as everything else the club does is low risk you have to wonder why the reverse is true with the youth system as every year of zero investment makes it harder to succeed.