Thread: Fondop???
View Single Post
Old 17th July 2019, 10.53:04   #131-0 (permalink)
Phils-an-alki
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Fondop???

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Frankly - IF (and I don't know) he has ignored team orders and come back unfit then why give him a break ? In respect of ability and if applicable mental state he of course deserves understanding but getting out of condition as a footballer cannot be tolerated.
See quote below. Clearly he didn't come back as in shape as was expected of him. He's only got himself to blame.

I think its time to get rid. We're not here to hang around waiting for players to decide to shape up or be given 'a chance' or another chance. He's had that and not taken it. The fact he wasn't taken to Portugal speaks volumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP Red View Post
Hughes said himself in the Leader that he wasn’t fit and wanted him to train with the youth rather than travel. I’m not speculating, this is taken from an interview.

“He trained with us on Friday but I chose not to bring him, just to make sure that he gets himself right and gets his fitness levels up, and then he will come into contention."

“Mike hasn't come back in the same fitness levels as some of the others," said Hughes.

"It was important to get a week back on the training ground. He trained with Matty and Jack, joined in sessions with the youth team.”