Thread: RIP Alan Eden
View Single Post
Old 19th July 2019, 06.20:07   #1-0 (permalink)
lloydyp
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default RIP Alan Eden

It is much sadness that I report that Alan Eden (Chicago Red) formally from Rossett but for many years from Chicago has sadly passed away. Yet another fan in their 50's taken so early.

Alan watched many sports whilst in the UK being a Warrigton rugby league fan and a much travelled fan of Wales and Wrexham FC. I had the pleasure in travelling to many away grounds with him often combining golf and beer for some top weekends away with the likes of Haydn Young, also sadly no longer with us.

For a few years he took the photos for the match program. He like many of us watched the club when the crowds were around 1000. He took part in one of the first fund raisers when many fans walked from Chester Racecourse to Wrexham racecourse. He helped in the creation of the Butchers Sunday league team and actually produced a program for their home games for a few years.

Whilst in Chicago despite taking up baseball as his main sport he never forgot his roots and kept up to date via the internet with all things Welsh sport but mainly Wrexham AFC. A good win or bad defeat would invariably result in a communication of some sort across the Atlantic. He had become a master of finding a stream from somewhere for our televised games.

For years we've been tentatively planning for me to go over to watch the breeders cup horse racing together. Sadly that trip will never take place.

It's hard to describe someone as a close friend when they are X,000 miles away. But he was. I will miss him.