View Single Post
Old 24th July 2019, 12.33:58   #26-0 (permalink)
Red Light
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Away Travel Coach Toilets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Derfyl Cadarn View Post
I am also going to Boreham Wood on 6th August. Is there any chance that we can leave early enough to ensure we arrive at the ground in good time to meet up with friends and family. The late departure of some of the London trips leaves us sitting in traffic and arriving too close to kick off time to meet up with people.
When Pete from SHREDS was running the away travel the plan was always to arrive two hours before the match kicked off. This meant that you had time to relax and cover for any last minute hold ups.
These days we stop at Oxford services for 45 minutes going down when most people would prefer a 20 minute stop and then head on down.
Drivers do not need a 45 minute break on a 4 hour journey.
However, all in all the away coach travel is superb and my comments above are merely to try to avoid the stress of a late arrival.
Think there are rules governing the arrival of away supporters coaches - seem to recollect they are not supposed to arrive more than 90 minutes before kick off - Sporting Events control of alcohol - idea is to prevent the masses getting excessively bladdered on away soil and causing potential problems.

As you have highlighted, in the event of traffic delays / accidents etc sometimes this is too close to comfort - coach driver always has an option to head for the destination and park up a few miles away before making the final few miles closer to kick off - indeed I assume this happens with regularity up and down the country.