View Single Post
Old 28th July 2019, 18.25:58   #7-0 (permalink)
Oldfan
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: 'Kick in the teeth'

Personally, I think the WST have made a logical decision based on what they have. From what I've read and understand if the platform had been built in the lower Yale stand, that area would then have to be delegated as a home section. Also, because there would be no catering facilities, it could not have been made available to home fans, apart from disabled platform users, who would have their needs catered for by delivery. So straight away, you would have a segregated area, which is what people are complaining about.
And it would then also mean that in a lot of matches we would have to give up the GUS to away fans because of the reduced capacity in the away section. If everyone is happy with this, why not do it? Maybe it could be voted on? Give up the GUS for a platform? I'm sure everyone would vote for that.
I also fail to see where the WST have not followed the resolution voted on:

The Society resolves that:

1. There is designated wheelchair and carer bays at the front of the Hays Travel stand.

2. That the club take action as soon as possible on further platforms as soon as funding is in place, and the plans have been passed by Wrexham Council and by the Safety Officer.

3. That these new facilities are not tied in to, or dependent upon, any other stadium redevelopments.

4. That the club meets minimum standards of accessibility at the earliest possible opportunity.”
Can someone show me where they've not followed the resolution?

It seems to me there's not a fight between the WST and the needs of disabled supporters, but the WST having a foot in the reality of running an aged stadium. But then again, the WST are never right are they?