View Single Post
Old 29th July 2019, 07.03:46   #10-0 (permalink)
Oldfan
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: 'Kick in the teeth'

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post
You have completely misunderstood the situation regarding the original plan for platform 2 I am afraid.

It was originally planned as a home fans platform and would bring back into use that area of the ground. It was the idea of a WST Board member and was planned with consultation with DSA, WST, WAFC, architect, structural engineer and both club and WCBC safety officer.

AT THAT TIME the club were giving over the Tech End when larger away followings came to town, meaning that when this happened then the platform would be in the home end for those games.

IF that plan for platform 2 had been built the lower Yale food kiosk would have been converted to an accessible toilet which would have meant the construction of a small away fans kiosk, which could easily have been done in the unused corner where the new platform is now to go.

The lower Yale in the case of that plan being done could have been suitable to be used as either a home or away end.

The switching of away fans into the Tech End was never anything to do with the platform, nor would it be now.
A couple of points. There is already a new existing food kiosk in the corner where the new platform appears to be heading. I disagree with your comment that the switching of the away fans back to the Tech End would not be the result of building a platform in the original proposed area in the lower Yale, as the refreshment kiosk would be in the area that is part of the home section, which is barriered off from the lower Yale, so couldn't be used by that section, resulting in the loss of all the other seats.
Also, what is obvious yet continually overlooked in the race to condemn the club, is that this won't be the last platform? I expect there will be further ones included as the ground gets redeveloped, I'm sure the WST are not the evil, teeth kicking antifans they are portrayed as.