View Single Post
Old 4th August 2019, 13.05:27   #25-0 (permalink)
Media Team
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Media Room

Default Re: Bootlegger is back

I believe a member of the media team did speak to Karl yesterday, not just about the videos, but it came up during a normal conversation.

To clear this up; it's not the club or the media team who will take issue if he uploads match action, it's the league. The member of the media team, in a friendly manner, took it upon himself (without my or the club's knowledge) to advise Karl about it. To be fair, the media team member was buzzing Karl was back and his intentions were well meaning.

Personally, I wouldn't have got involved and would have left the league and Karl to sort it out, if it indeed came to that or they choose to do so.

The league own the rights to all recordings of any competition match footage and may choose to monetise Karl's videos themselves or issue copyright strikes. That's not for us to decide even if we wanted to, as the National League own the rights. They may do that via the YouTube channel (which the have rights over) or other means.

The ground regulations of the National League, issued by the league to all clubs, can be found here: https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/club/ground-regulations

There are a few sections about recording within the stadium. It basically says you can record on mobile devices as long as you don't transmit it or upload it. it also says you can't bring recording devices in to the stadium, even though everyone probably brings in a phone that can! It very messy due to the way social media works these days and is unfortunately left for the clubs to police on match days. It's up to the league to decide what happens once it's been uploaded.

On a personal note; I think Karl is a great bloke who has personally gone out of his way to help me with some things in the past. It's not about views or clicks as someone alluded to earlier, because the media team offer completely different content, as far as I'm concerned it's none of the media team's business what he does. If the club choose to stop recording devices being allowed in to the stadium, it's a stewarding issue & if the league take issue over rights, it's a league issue.

Carl