View Single Post
Old 5th August 2019, 20.37:28   #43-0 (permalink)
Red Light
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Bootlegger is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
Glad someone's clarified it was just friendly advice. The club would be dumb to try and stop Karl doing what he does with his now sizeable audience.
Is it really friendly advice ?
What will happen when he continues to cover match clips including goals like the one he recorded and broadcast on Saturday ?
What about anyone else that has carried out the same activity in the past and might also wish to take recordings and upload them onto youtube or similar ?
Should not everyone have to abide by the same set of rules or should Bootlegger be treated differently ?

I say this for consideration - I know of young persons who previously uploaded comprehensive match highlights / clips - there were several going back a season or two who don't do it anymore - they were not contacted by BT / television companies / The National League but our own club.

Perhaps representatives of the club previously felt they needed to enforce the ground regulations (no recording) or act on behalf of the league / tv company.

Personally I am a massive fan of Bootlegger and what he has done in recent years - his video's are popular because they give a fans eye view of the game and numerous opinions - but I for one will be watching with high interest as if Bootlegger does get back into the swing of what he used to produce it is surely being permitted with the support and backing of the club - so others should be allowed to do the same without fear of being warned or being closed down - somehow I don't think Bootlegger will be producing the same type of detailed match coverage as he did in the past - do you ?