Thread: WST Vice Chair
View Single Post
Old 12th August 2019, 10.54:01   #49-0 (permalink)
Quay Red
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST Vice Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
This is also speculation on your part, as is the majority of your post. So whilst calling people out on here for posting what they have heard, rumours, speculating, you're now doing the same in an attempt to discredit the people that contacted Bryn Law.
Not attempting to discredit anyone. Just calling it as I see it. You may view it differently. (your choice)
I'm sure we all read that they didn't sign the NDA based on Lawyers advice which is what most sensible people would do.
This has been debated and still remains unresolved. Some would accept that an NDA is reasonable, others don't. The view of the membership is that it is an important part of the procedure to protect the club.
Saying they backed out because they couldn't follow simple rules is just not the case. Nice try though, although I'm little surprised you've resorted to stuff like this QR. I know you think the sun shines out of a WST glory hole but often there is no smoke without fire and some fans need to open their eyes, you're being taken for a ride to a certain extent and loyalty is being exploited.
Ouch. and unnecessary. The rules are there to be followed. This consortium didn't get to stage 1 and make an official approach. If they were serious then I would have expected them to reveal an interest publicly.
As to the rest, I would have hoped that even you would not try to judge me, I have my own opinions, don't trust anyone and make my own mind up.

If only the WST had the backbone to just come out and say they don't want any help from outside and won't consider any approach to invest or whatever then at least we all know for sure. They way they've done it is just cowardly, just my opinion. Bagger summed it up perfectly a while back on another thread.
If there was no appetite at all for additional funding then the membership wouldn't have approved the gateway process. As far as I'm aware there have only bee a couple of approaches from time wasters or chancers. I look forward to an approach from anyone with a real interest in helping us go forward but not at any cost.
The claim of them being transparent is now laughable too. Its takes some brass neck to still run with that one. The January fiasco and Manny Smith contract blows that out of the water straight away. So lets stop pedalling that myth which can no longer be backed up and has been well and truly exposed.
Personally not bothered about when contracts are signed as once offered and accepted they are legally binding. Odd that it wasn't announced.
As for January, it could and maybe should have been handled better but that was 7 months back. As long as the board have learned a lesson from it then they should be able to manage things better in future.