View Single Post
Old 14th August 2019, 05.57:48   #79-0 (permalink)
noisy1
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Halifax (H) reaction thread

That's more like it! Couldn't be more proud of those boys last night.

A fantastic first half where we were rampant for the first 10 - 15 minutes, so unlucky not to get the goal it deserved.
I really liked the industry of Hooper to get Infront of his man and use his strength to keep the ball, that is what we have been missing.
Young's best game in a Reds shirt by a country mile and would, for me, have been MOM but Harris should have received that honour. He put himself about, linked up play well and kept the opposition busy all game and thoroughly deserved the goal.
Thought Jazzi played well, he has pace to burn and I hope to see more of that.

Second half was a more resilient display, the lads put so much into the first half it was hardly surprising that things dropped off a bit.
Felt a little sorry for Lawler who was left isolated and out of position which meant his options were to either A) trust in the goalkeeper or B) bring the striker down. He made the correct decision for me (nothing against Dibble there) and took one for the team.
The red card could possibly have helped us as Halifax were on top, I felt, so going down to ten men would have made everyone that little bit more determined to keep Halifax out.
The goal when it came was just reward for everyone's hard work and we deserved the win.

5517 on a Tuesday evening, incredible.