View Single Post
Old 14th August 2019, 08.53:53   #10-0 (permalink)
Prodigal Dragon
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: Player Ratings v Halifax

Dibble (8) Just about deserved an 8 with some good stops, positive control of crosses, and the occasional foot movement to deny them any goals. Against Barnet he might even do a dance routine for some doubting fans. The Foxtrot, Oscar! No, a waltz.

Barnum-Bobb (8) Looks more like a RW than a RB but thought he came in and gave a very polished display. More to come as he blows away the cobwebs.

Lawlor (7) Thought he was the better of the 2 CBs but lost concentration and was tapped for speed to get his deserved Red Card.

Pearson (7) Just about deserved a (7) but he looks a bit leg-weary at times. Stupid challenge for the Yellow Card.

Jennings (7) Did well but lacks JBB's pace and vision.

Young (9) Seemed to pop up everywhere to mop up their threats. Almost my MotM.

Summerfield (7) Good performance let down by poor distribution. Please let Young take the free-kicks.

Redmond (7) Lacks the energy of Young but has great control and vision. When he becomes fully fit he will be a massive threat.

Harris (9) His move from LW to RW, and his support from JBB, showed just how good this lad can be. Never stopped running and has a brain to move into space and drag defenders all over the shop. My MotM because goals win games. Well done!

Hooper (7) Worked very hard, especially as he becomes isolated in our 4-3-3 formation. He is brilliant at chasing down lost causes but we would see more of him if the ball was played to either feet or chest instead of being lofted into the air, where big, lumbering defenders excel.

McIntosh (4) It did not happen for him last night. Suspect that was more to his being very ring-rusty rather than lack of ability. But he must work hard if he is to win a starting position.

Subs:

Carrington (7) He is a calm head in a storm. Helped us weather their attacks when we went down to 10 men.

Rutherford (6) Did what he does best: harries their players and an inch-perfect pass for the goal.

Oswell (5) Brings physicality but lacks the pace of others.

A quick mention of the ref. He was a bit lenient on Halifax earlier on, but he allowed play to flow, which led to the important goal. Thought he had a good game.

Last edited by Prodigal Dragon; 14th August 2019 at 08.55:30..