View Single Post
Old 15th August 2019, 10.40:58   #7-0 (permalink)
Media Team
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Media Room

Default Re: Halifax bootlegger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
I disagree.

As much as I love Bootlegger and watch his video's he is clearly breaking Ground Regulation 15 - (see official site for full details).

The club through the Media Team seem to have developed double standards - if your an easy target teenager you have in the past been contacted directly by the Media Team and 'given advice' about copyright - whether this is self generated from within the club or generated by an external source such as BT is unclear.

My simple question to the Media Team is this - as Bootlegger has resumed his recording of live match coverage unchallenged despite contravening the ground regulation - is this now the green light for others to do the same ?
Hey. We have given advise regarding the stated ground regulation to quite a few supporters, and as stated in the previous thread, bootlegger included.

If a supporter enters the ground and starts recording it's not up to the media team to approach them and ask them to stop. That is a stewarding issue that the media team quite rightly shouldn't be involved with.

If a supporter uploads match footage afterwards it becomes an issue for the league to deal with, which in the past they have. Some people have contacted us for help after the league or BT Sport have taken action and we have explained the ground regulations.

We are pretty much the middle-men and have tried our best to help people in this situation. The young lad you seem to be talking about was uploading over 10minutes of what he described/marketed as a 'Highlights package' solely of match action, which he monetised - obviously the league jumped on that straight away.

As per my programme notes, the league have written to the club after the Barrow game and warned them about people recording from the stands. From what I understand of the email, they asked for the clubs cooperation in upholding the ground regulation and they are dealing with any uploaded footage.

It's not a green light from the media team, nor is it any double standard, and we don't see it as an issue for us to get involved with. We are here to produce club media content, not police regulations.

As for using a quote of bootleggers in the highlights and including a few short clips on Tuesday's twitter commentary, we wouldn't be doing our job as a media team if we didn't use every possible hot trend available to boost ticket sales and exposure.

The comparison of bootlegger to anyone else who previously uploaded Wrexham videos in terms of popularity is like David and Goliath! As a media team we would be crazy to ignore something that has captured the imagination of hundreds of thousands of people, by a Wrexham fan and I hope that as and when the club/league act, he can carry on within the ground regulations.

Carl