View Single Post
Old 29th August 2019, 21.15:22   #257-0 (permalink)
Outertowner
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: ERS - Im a Stander
Twitter: @

Default Re: Hartlepool Disaster- Fallout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawarden Red10 View Post
Not sure if it's been mentioned on this thread yet (cannot be bothered checking), but every team we come up against has changed their formation to 5-3-2 specifically against us, aside from Halifax and Barrow. We have dropped points every time we have faced it and won every time we face 4 at the back. A simple observation of those games shows we get hammered in the midfield 3 on 2, wingbacks have the freedom of Mold Road to get at our fullbacks and there's still 2 forwards stretching Pearson and Lawlor. We need to change shape so badly and I've been saying this since I spotted it against Crewe in pre season.
You’re spot on there. Against Notts county, county dominated possession in the middle of the park and when they broke from us attacking they went through the middle like they weren’t there, exposing our defence. If they had better finishers we would of been on to a hiding.
I think the squad has potential to be much better it’s whether BH can deliver that. Unless the wheels really do come off over the next month or so I’d still give him to Xmas and have a go at getting it right. We can’t afford to sack managers on first signs of waters getting choppy.