View Single Post
Old 4th September 2019, 08.57:57   #4-0 (permalink)
Prodigal Dragon
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: Next Four League Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
Sutton (H)
Aldershot (A)
Flyde (H)
Ebbsfleet (H)

All teams near or around us. Really we should be looking at 10 point minimum from those games. Reality in current form we will be lucky to get 4 - 6. If its the latter that might see us drop into the bottom four especially if other results go against us.

Start of October sees two very tough games against Solihull and Woking then followed by a early potential relegation against Chesterfield who are doing poorly (We all know Fondop is going to score against us on that one).
BH must have the confidence to use Saturday's unimportant game against Ayr Utd to experiment with his starting XI and formation in preparation for those vital 4 games.

IMHO, we should have won the last 2 games but we clearly didn't. That was through a combination of poor tactics, bad luck, poor finishing and having key players out. Shit happens, I am afraid, and winning teams cope with these distractions. Currently, we are not.

We will not gain promotion until BH improves the midfield and we stop lumping high balls into giant defences who physically dominate our strikers. We must keep the ball on the ground, improve our movement and play quicker, better balls from our pedestrian midfield.

We have piled pressure on ourselves by not preparing properly in the summer -- keeping too many poor quality players; not sorting out the midfield; not nailing a formation; not nailing a starting XI -- which has led to a very poor start (it matches Dean 'I am waiting for my solicitor' Saunders' first season in 2009/10). The Board and BH are responsible for that, but it is now up to BH to prove he is no stooge by turning things around.

Contrary to what many claim, there are signs he is slowly doing that, but silly mistakes and lapses in concentration are masking it. As an example, just about anyone would have scored a hat-trick last night if in Wright's position around the 6-yard box. He deserves credit for getting there; but he deserves a bollocking for not putting at least one of them away to win the game.

Fine margins. But, at the moment, we are the wrong side of the 'drag-curve' and BH and players must try harder, and be more clinical if we are to get out of this self-made mess.

My advice to BH is: take advantage of Saturday's game and experiment against Ayr, then go on to win those 4 games. However, if we fail to pick up 9 points or more, then I am afraid BH's time is up, and the Board must accept full responsibility for gambling on his appointment and, crucially, not giving him a full-time assistant.

No pressure!