View Single Post
Old 4th September 2019, 16.29:39   #89-0 (permalink)
eosceiriog
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP
Twitter: @

Default Re: Confidence in the Boards - WST & Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wonderful View Post
I might be thick but we have very little to attract shysters these days haven’t we? What assets have we got left to strip?
Apart from the playing staff very little.

Having said that I am loathe to criticise the board, so it’s an abstention from me.
You are certainly not thick but in this particular area you lack experience / knowledge and so do many other posters who pontificate nonsense on the topic.

Firstly see the reply to you from Haruki.

Secondly the club does have assets. Contrary to common belief the most valuable assets are frequently not seen in the accountancy balance sheet.
I don't want get booged down in detail but 2 things most people will understand are the large fan base relative to the football pyramid status and the club's history / pedigree.

Getting a return might be indirect to the buyer not direct by stripping the club. So being sensible the long term plan and motivation of any new money is crucial. Sometimes others see assets they can exploit but we cannot and as long as that does not conflict with the well being of the club I do not see it as an issue. Transparency is key.

Clearly you and I have different views but the common ground is avoiding shysters whilst having access to the level of funds required to meet our objectives. I'd like to see the leadership making visible efforts around the common ground.

Some open debate is needed about constitutes a shyster and what our realistic objectives are.

I would very much like to be in your camp of being ``1comfortable with the board and I would be if they shaped up.

I do not believe we can ever move forward effectively in the long term shackled to the past. Equally it is crucial to maintain vigilance and never to forget the extremely painful lessons we received.