View Single Post
Old 5th September 2019, 21.21:18   #129-0 (permalink)
Back of the Kop
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Confidence in the Boards - WST & Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Still part of it has to come out, it will soon enough.

The other stopping potential investment dead, again, when feelers were put out unofficially. Very naughty and confirmed by others.

I got the Ricketts saga bang on, the stooges didn't like that and tried chasing me off in particular. Prehaps it was because I knew a lot of the details via Shrewsbury.

Was the same with Oswell first time round, they told us he didn't want to go full time by the stooges but off he went to Morecambe despite me knowing he did want to go full time. The backtracking started again.

The board knew alright, the whole bleeding saga's they knew, no ambition. That's why Ricketts left and I'd bet Keates did for the same reason.
If true, I'm really starting to fall out of love with this club after 40 years.

There's no smoke without fire and I've been convinced for some time that it's being run by people who had good early intentions when it was rescued but the gravy train they're on is just too good to give up.

This was their dream job....we get it......but it's now time to put the club first and look at the options (including outside investment) so that we can move forward.

This great club at 155 years old is bigger than any one person and I just hope that the current incumbents come to their senses very soon and do the right thing