View Single Post
Old 9th September 2019, 16.36:36   #1-0 (permalink)
Red Light
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Bootleggers big charity drive in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support

Initially I was going to post this thread under 'Offtopic' however the more I think of it there are few things more 'on topic' than Cancer.

I doubt there are many of us whose lives have not, in some way been affected by cancer if not directly then by some other related means.

Some of us have lost family and friends, work colleagues or know people who have - every home match I watch Griff walk up the steps in the Tech End and display the big 'Jacko King of the Kop' red banner on the back wall - memories flood back when I look down the length of the pitch and think of the good times we had which seems a long time ago now - but there have been many others including 'Scarfy' who was also taken from us way too soon.

Many of you will know 'Bootlegger' / The Captain aka Karl Phillips who has set up a go funding page in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support - Macmillan nurses who help people suffering with cancer.

Bootlegger is asking you to 'Support the Captain by donating the price of a pint of pilsner to Bootleggers charity'.

Dear Karl set a target of just £100 to 'go sober for the month - as some of you maybe aware his youtube video's are receiving extremely high volumes of viewers from all over the country - I am pleased to say that already the total pledged has reached a mighty £3,921.65.

With a bit of awareness and sharing this information we have the potential to increase this figure substantially - so spread the word.

Unfortunately I appear no longer able to post links onto this forum.
Anyone else who can add it to this thread please do.

The funding page is available on Karl's twitter page 'Bootlegger1974'