View Single Post
Old 10th September 2019, 13.42:29   #115-0 (permalink)
Ooh aah Paskin
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Twitter: @

Default Re: Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Cup R4 draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jase1runner View Post
So called fans wanting us to lose so that we can 'concentrate' on the league, or perhaps they are to busy watching their other team (Liverpool, MUFC etc.) to care.
I assume that is directed at me. I'm sorry if I feel that this cup is a waste of time and could have a detrimental effect on our season. Its just my opinion, it doesn't mean I want my team to lose a game, or throw a game..whatever. All I am saying is if we get beat by an U21 team I wouldn't care.
If we get beat by Sutton, however, then I most definitely would care.
I won't apologise for stating that the league should be our priority over all other ventures this season. Its about time we get out of here.
If we get a good run in the FA cup then fine, we don't miss league games until the third round and hopefully if we make it that far we would get a decent payday.
As for the trophy, we've been there done that so I wouldn't be too disheartened if we made an early exit from that either.

As for supporting another club, I don't. I would probably struggle to even name three or four players in any premiership squad and in fact I don't even know who is top.

For 12 years I have paid little attention to the divisions above as we have been down here.

A third of my time supporting Wrexham has now been non league. IMO that isn't good enough and we should be seriously looking at prioritising promotion. And IMO that means the likes of the Trophy and Tunnocks cup don't hold much attraction for me.

If they do for others, that's fine.