View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2019, 11.25:08   #25-0 (permalink)
Ooh aah Paskin
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by podders View Post
I agree with you Prodigal, what is listed is a series of discussion points, which the initial post says is not complete and people can add them too. From reading the policy on calling an EGM doesn't there need to be a list of motions or resolutions to be discussed and voted on?

I also think some people backing this aren't clear on what it is for either. When you see posts from people supporting the EGM saying it's about a vote of no confidence in the board but the agenda given doesn't actually state that - surely some people are going to be disappointed in the outcome.
I think the EGM will not be called until the required number of 'signatures' are collected AND the final resolution points drafted?

That was my understanding and seems perfectly logical to me. I doubt that the parties behind this will immediately call for the EGM without having the proper and well thought out resolutions in place. They are following the guidelines correctly.

As for someone commenting about the time it is taking, as far as I am aware there is no time limit on it. The only worry with the length of time is that things could get progressively worse in the meantime.