View Single Post
Old 7th October 2019, 14.04:20   #182-0 (permalink)
eosceiriog
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruabon Red View Post
I’ve watched the developments over the past eighteen months, two years or so with increasing disquiet. I posted of some of my reservations at the time and remain bewildered about the lack of engagement with business both in the town and further afield, the rejection of genuine offers of assistance and absence of dialogue.

Whilst details are still emerging, the latest faux pas - concerning the DSA this time - is another example of poor communication and appears at this moment to be indefensible.

Above all else though – and this is the worrying aspect for me – it’s naïve in the extreme. Why would you let it get to that stage? If there was a problem, pick up the `phone, meet in person and resolve it. Don’t send an e-mail with an ultimatum – that’s not what an engaged and inclusive board does, it’s the mindset of red-tape and big business, not an agile, dynamic, community-focused organisation.
Precisely. Re the mindset is big corporate. Nothing at all wrong with some valuable input from that area of expertise but it should not be dominant as it is now.